How to make upma at home in 10 minutes ?
How to make upma recipe
Semolina Upma is a nutritious and delicious recipe. It is made a lot in South India. This is a very light food, so we eat it in the morning breakfast. If you are on diet then it is also good for those people. We can eat it with chutney, sambar, rassam or any juicy vegetable. Upma is very easy to make and can be prepared in 10 minutes. If you are very hungry then you can make and eat it. So let’s see how to make Semolina (Rava) Upma and what ingredients we will need to make it….
Ingredients to make upma:-
Semolina (Rava) – 1 cup for semolina recipe
Ghee – 1 teaspoon
Asafoetida (Asafoetida) – a pinch
Cumin Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Chana daal – 1/2 teaspoon
Curry leaves: 8-10
Green chilli (slice Chilli powder) – 4
Ginger paste – 1 teaspoon
Chopped Onion – 1 cup
Carrot – 1/2 cup
Chopped Tomato – 1
Peas: 1/2 cup
Salt – as per taste
Water – 1/2 liter
Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
Method of making Upma (semolina recipe): –
1.First of all fry the semolina recipes without oil for 2-3 minutes.
2. Then take out the semolina in a plate and put ghee in the same pan.
3. Then put asafoetida, cumin and mustard seeds in it and roast it till it turns red.
4. Then put gram dal in it and fry it for a while.
5. Now put curry leaves, green chilli and ginger paste in it and roast it.
6. Then put onion in it and fry it till it turns red.
7. Now put carrots, peas and tomatoes in it.
8. Then add a little salt (as per taste) and mix it and cook it for 5 minutes.
9. Then put water in it.
10. And now put semolina in it and stir it. (After adding semolina, reduce the gas to medium and keep stirring it all the time and cook it)
11. When the upma starts getting thick and starts catching in the pan, turn off the gas and then add coriander leaves and lemon juice to it and mix.
And after cooling it for a while, serve it with any chutney or vegetable.